Searching for Dermaplaning in South Jersey? We Have It at Vive
You may have seen dermaplaning in South Jersey trending on social media, or maybe it was recommended by a friend, but what exactly is this treatment? Simply put, dermaplaning is a physical exfoliation that involves using a sterile blade to remove dead skin cells and peach fuzz from the face. This pain-free treatment can be performed monthly and boasts a number of impressive benefits for the skin. Maybe you’ve been considering dermaplaning but are still undecided. Let’s take a closer look at what dermaplaning is and the many benefits it can provide.
How Does Dermaplaning Work?
During a dermaplaning treatment, the aesthetician will hold your skin taut with one hand while gently scraping off dead skin cells and peach fuzz with a sterile, surgical-grade blade. The blade is angled at 45 degrees to ensure that only the surface level of the skin is removed. You may feel a slight prickling sensation as the blade moves across your skin, but dermaplaning should not be painful.
The entire treatment usually takes between 30 and 45 minutes. Once your aesthetician is finished, they may apply a hydrating mask to soothe the skin. You may also choose to add on other treatments, such as HydraFacial or Botox, to maximize the results of your session.
There are many reasons dermaplaning in South Jersey has become such a popular treatment among adult men and women. Some of the most notable benefits of dermaplaning include:
- Smoother texture: Dead skin cells can accumulate on the skin’s surface, resulting in a dull, rough texture. Dermaplaning removes these dead skin cells to reveal softer, smoother skin underneath.
- Smaller pores: Enlarged pores are often caused by built-up sebum and dead skin cells. Dermaplaning helps to unclog pores and leave them smaller and less noticeable.
- Brighter complexion: When dead skin cells build up on the skin’s surface, they can cause the skin to appear dull and lackluster. Dermaplaning helps to refresh your complexion by revealing fresh, healthy skin underneath.
- Fewer breakouts: One of the main causes of breakouts is clogged pores. Regularly removing dead skin cells and peach fuzz can help keep pores clear and prevent breakouts before they start.
- Smoother makeup application: Have you ever noticed that your foundation looks patchy or “cakey”? This is often due to dry patches of dead skin cells on the skin’s surface. Dermaplaning helps to create an even canvas for makeup application by eliminating these dry patches.
- Facial hair grows back finer: if you’re concerned about facial hair, regular dermaplaning treatments can actually help hair grow back finer and lighter in color over time!
Is Dermaplaning Right for You?
Dermaplaning can be performed on almost any skin type. Individuals with sensitive skin or conditions such as rosacea can benefit from dermaplaning. It is also a great option for pregnant women who can’t undergo chemical peels. However, there are a few exceptions.
Demaplaning should not be performed on individuals with sunburn or an active acne breakout. Individuals taking Accutane or blood thinners, or who have active shingles, hemophilia, or an allergy to nickel.should also not undergo dermaplaning.
Ready to Schedule Dermaplaning in South Jersey?
As you can see, there are many reasons to consider adding dermaplaning to your skincare routine! This simple treatment can help improve your complexion in a number of ways. Vive Aesthetics and Wellness is proud to offer dermaplaning along with our other medical aesthetic services.
At Vive, our goal is to help you look your very best and provide an experience that is as relaxing and comfortable as possible. Want to really pamper yourself? Combine dermaplaning with a facial. If you have questions about dermaplaning or our other services, schedule a consultation today!