Lip Augmentation – Benefits of Choosing a Non Surgical Procedure
When looking in the mirror, most women have at least one facial feature they are unhappy with. Whether it is the results of aging or just genetics, for many that feature is their lips. While not everyone is interested in duplicating Angelina Jolie’s lips, many women find themselves wishing they had fuller lips. When considering lip augmentation, there are two ways to go, surgical or non surgical. While surgical lip augmentation is a permanent solution, non surgical augmentation offers many benefits, especially for those who aren’t willing to undergo an unnecessary surgical procedure.
Today, the most commonly used non surgical treatments are injectable dermal fillers that can be injected around your mouth and into your lips. The most effective of these fillers consist of hyaluronic acid. This is a substance that is already found naturally in the body and it helps increase the volume of the lips, giving them a younger, more plump appearance. Collagen, once the most common dermal filler, is used less often today. The options containing newer hyaluronic acid are safer, less immunogenic and produce longer lasting results.
Benefits of Non Surgical Lip Augmentation
With non surgical augmentation, the filler is injected into the lips and sometimes also around the mouth. Once injected, the gel in the filler supports and shapes the tissues of the lips. Choosing a non surgical approach to lip augmentation using a hyaluronic acid filler provides benefits that many will find favorable compared to undergoing a surgical procedure.
- Volume Control – Your medical professional will determine the proper amount of filler to use to create the desired amount of lip volume. This allows you more control over the results achieved.
- Gradual Treatment – Results do not have to be achieved in a single treatment. If you would rather make the transition to fuller lips slowly, injections can be given gradually during different appointments until the desired results are achieved.
- Potential for Bumps – Bumps can be caused by too much of the filler being injected at one point in the skin as well as being injected too superficially. When the filler is administered by a skilled medical professional, the occurrence of bumps after injection is extremely rare. They appear less than 5% of the time and are very small, barely noticeable and tend to dissipate over a period of 2 or 3 months.Should the bumps persist, they can easily be treated by injecting them with a medication called Hyaluronidase.
- Reduced Bruising – Fillers containing hyaluronic acid will typically result in less swelling or bruising compared to other dermal fillers.
- Allergic Reactions – Because hyaluronic acid is a substance naturally found in the body, the possibility of an allergic reaction is extremely low. It is important to let your physician know if you are allergic to lidocaine before they administer the injection.
- Longer Lasting Results – Dermal injections are not permanent, but today’s treatment’s are constantly improving, producing more enduring results and reducing the frequency of repeat treatments.
The JUVÉDERM® Lip Collection
The JUVÉDERM family of fillers includes three formulations, JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC, JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC and JUVÉDERM® VOLLURE, each beneficial when it comes to lip augmentation. JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC adds fullness to lips while JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC adds subtle volume and softens the appearance of vertical lip lines.
Seventy-eight percent of people treated with JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC experienced improved satisfaction with the look and feel of their lips 1 year later. Eighty percent of people treated JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC experienced improved satisfaction with their lips 1 year later. When both groups were treated again after 1 year, patients needed less product to achieve their results.
JUVÉDERM® VOLLURE is the newest member of the family and can add volume as well as smoothness with potentially longer lasting results.
Lip Augmentation at Vive
Some people simply have naturally thin lips and just want to achieve a fuller appearance. Other people have noticed their lips thinning over time and may also have seen vertical lip lines become more noticeable. Whatever your unique needs are when it comes to your lips, the JUVÉDERM® collection may be able to help
Vive Medical Weight Loss and Aesthetics is proud to offer JUVÉDERM® products. Dr. Pinto can assess your needs, explain your options, and decide on the best course of action. JUVÉDERM® is his hyaluronic acid filler of choice because of its ability for smooth, even corrections with minimal discomfort and maximum results. To decide if JUVÉDERM® is the right option for you, schedule your consultation appointment today.